Gluten-free and Dairy-Free Barbados
Posted On June 7, 2018
Whether you are vacationing in Barbados, born and raised Bajan or have recently made the move I believe you will find value here. If you are totally gluten-free like me or are wanting to try a few new foods you will enjoy these awesome recommendations! These are some of my favorite spots and I believe you will love them also.
Many restaurants in Barbados which are great for dining have whole food gluten-free options on the menu, but it can be a bit more tricky when you are on the go during your busy work week. My wish for you is that you feel more confident about making nourishing choices when on the go or looking to go out with the family for brunch or a meal.
Here are my top places to eat in Barbados to beat the bloat!
- Art Splash – Breakfast Smoothie bowl, green juice, cooked eggs breakfast, waffles, Market veggies. Lunch falafel, chicken or fish wrap with hummus and pesto <3. Swap fries for a side salad to keep it light. Certainly a weekly favorite!
2. Bliss Cafe – Dairy-free hot chocolates, Gluten-Free flatbreads, waffles <3
3. Coffee Barbados – Buckwheat egg wraps
4. Raw juice – Cold press juice, raw acai bowls, smoothies, kombuchas. This bright pink is dragonfruit! Lentil salads, black bean brownie with stevia.
5. Punchline Barbados – Vegan burgers (ask for bunless) & Dairy-free ice-cream.
6. Oistins Fish Market– Grilled fish, fried plantain, veggies
7. Urban Kitchen – Glutenfree pizza you can also ask for a dairy-free option. It is good! Glutenfree chicken wrap (request no cheese)
8. Lanterns mall Tagore’s kebabs and curries – Pappadam, Rogan josh curry.
8. Mama Mia – Gluten-Free Pizzas. Yum dairy-free with tomato sauce, pesto, bacon, and mushrooms 😛
9. Buzo – Truffle fries
10. Copa Cabana – sweet potato fries, breadfruit chips, grilled fish.
11. Good life Cafe – Vegan food and soba noodles with tofu
12. NovelTea – Goats cheese and roasted vegetable salad & almond milk matcha latte. Amazing tea selection.
13. Lemon Grass Truck– Shrimp Summer rolls, anything rice noodles.
14. Coffee bean- GLUTEN-FREE TUNA WRAP
15. Champers – Request glutenfree bread for your table to start.
16. Open kitchen – Glutenfree pasta, salads.
17. Cafe 195 – Glutenfree Pasta
18. The Mill – Falafel bowls, sweet potato fries, Mushroom Burger
19. Lime grove Lifestyle center Lemon Grass – Rice noodles soups, sushi, summer rolls.
20. Lime Grove Lifestyle center Green Monkey – Macaroons for the sweet tooth. Glutenfree but not dairy-free.
21. LimeGrove lifestyle Centre Pepenero – Best Glutenfree pizza on the island <3.My fave is the Giardino with tomato sauce.
22. Fusion Rooftop – Best Espresso Martinis on the island. Truffle popcorn & the menu is exquisite.
23. Nishi – My favorite sushi roll is the volcano roll and the wines are delicious. A dressed-up evening out.
24. Yelluh meats breadfruit bowls – So many options for toppings & you can order online to reduce your waiting time! It is only open Wednesday 9-230 Friday 5-10 and Saturday 11-5. I like salt fish or just breadfruit alone. You can do lentils for a vegan choice. It may be seasonal. Super casual and local.
25. Massy West Coast – has a salad bar and great choices to stock up the house like frozen gluten-free bread and a selection of specialty diet choices like dry lentil and chickpea pasta. You can get a warm rotisserie chicken to go and use the fresh salad bar too.
26. Mullins Beach Bar – Breadfruit chips, grilled fish.
27. Orange Tree Grocer– Almond milk lattes, fresh salads, glutenfree pizzas
28. Nikki Beach – Brunch, sushi, grilled items.
29.Animal Flower Cave – Grilled fish, sweet potato mash.
30. ECO Lifestyle & Lodge – Breadfruit chips, fish tacos, vegetarian eggs Benedict. FAVE!
31. Peg Farm – Farm to table experience.
32. Chill and Breeze – In Bathsheba, you can get some grilled fish or chicken with roasted veggies and embrace the East Coast breeze.
There are my top places for gluten-free and dairy-free / vegan eats in Barbados! I love these choices and enjoy that Barbados has so many healthy foodie finds. I hope you find this useful and I would love to hear more about how you enjoyed these choices. Enjoy Barbados and gluten-free living.
Contact me today to learn more about how I can help you make healthy changes in your life through my group and individual nutrition programs.
Being a results-driven nutritionist, I believe that if you are focussed and you want to put in the work then I want to work with you. You can sign up with me in three ways before the year is over. New-season and a new reason to get healthy.
Book your consultation today and start with the Six Week L1 Private Coaching (HABIT SLOW INTEGRATION WEIGHTLOSS)
6 WEEK PRIVATE ONLINE COACHING
Don’t wait – a healthier, leaner, happier you is waiting for you!
Get in contact with me via email, Whatsapp, Instagram or Facebook. I love taking the time to respond to your Q and A.